- Collaborate and work with multi-disciplinary teams to plan, design, estimate and document solutions using modern methodologies.
- Fulfill agreed to deliverables within time, budget and scope.
- Manage and direct more junior architects and developers; provide mentoring on methodologies, best practices and specific technologies.
- Apply knowledge of relevant technologies, analysis tools, operating systems, communication protocols, databases and data modeling to projects.
- Apply knowledge of programming paradigms / standards and when appropriate develop reusable components that positively impact future projects.
- Produce comprehensive and accurate documentation including the Technology Architecture Document
- Participate in client pitches and proposals
- Communicate with clients on key technology issues throughout the duration of projects and regarding the strategic direction for their organization.
- Some International travel will be required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years relevant and progressive industry experience, mainly in Java technologies, but also have significant exposure to a variety of environments and architectures in order to resolve difficult integration projects.
- Should possess experience in a consulting environment and in successfully meeting deliverables for a variety of high profile clients.
- At least 3 years of hands on modern Java framework experience e.g. EJB 3, Spring, Hibernate, iBATIS, JSF, Freemarker, Velocity and Struts 2
- Experience with a modern development architecture e.g. Cruise Control, Maven, Clover, PMD Rules and IntelliJ IDEA
- Knowledge of the following methodologies: Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum, JUnit, TDD
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Experience with remote collaboration. There will be times when the team as a whole may need to collaborate with teams in other offices (ie Amsterdam, Vancouver or Hong Kong)
- BS in Computing Science or equivalent education/experience
- Takes ownership of tasks and drives tasks through to completion
- Is accountable for their actions
- A strong communicator
- Demonstrates caring for others and honesty
- Positive and constructive
- Able to focus while under pressure