||We are looking for an Interface Developer who will work closely with members of the technology and design teams to build solid, cross-platform, and valid interfaces for our projects. The majority of the Interface Developer’s time will be spent on client-side development, but also involves light server-side scripting and design production work. Interface developers ensure all front end code is produced using new methodologies and techniques where appropriate, using best practices and adhering to industry standards.
- Develop documented and undocumented solutions/applications. This includes code development per project and organizational Technical Standards and Guidelines, development of test plans, estimates, code and module testing, application debugging, implementation of code that follows efficient design techniques, and code development that meets and exceeds the intent of the technical designs.
- Manage day-to-day tasks and activities to effectively meet project deliverables and schedule
- Accurately track and report project task, activity, documentation, time information per project standards (i.e. weekly submission, detailed accounting of activities, follow up documentation, etc.).
- Validates and tests that finished work meet technical specifications.
- Consult on technical solutions with project team, peers, supervisor, and clients.
- Accurately assess the risks of the development of an application and escalates to supervisor, project team and/or peers.
- Maintain and evolve a broad knowledge of technology, development tools and techniques, industry standards and best practices, applications and systems.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- University Degree or College Diploma in computer science, programming or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Thorough working knowledge of the application development processes, methodologies and their direct application to technical projects.
- Strong programming, code development, code debugging and testing skills, troubleshooting skills, and experience with different O/S’s, development environments, programming languages, technical tools, and source control systems
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills and experience with applying them to development practices & projects (i.e. debugging and testing).
- Takes ownership of tasks and drives tasks through to completion
- Is accountable for their actions
- A strong communicator
- Demonstrates caring for others and honesty
- Positive and constructive
- Able to focus while under pressure