- Work with various multi-disciplined teams to plan, develop and build ebusiness solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding of Java and J2EE (EJBs, JMS, JSP)
- Knowledge of ATG Commerce and Personalization a definite preferred but not absolutely required.
- Knowledge of J2EE application servers, specifically Jboss Application Server
- Knowledge of open source projects: Hibernate, Struts, Spring, Velocity, Freemarker
- Working knowledge of RDBMS such as Oracle, MS SQL Server and/or MySQL
- General understanding of XML (SAX, DOM, STAX) and Web Services (SOAP, WSDL)
- Knowledge of other languages would be beneficial: Python, C#, C++, Ruby, Perl
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to lead/work with a team of developers.
- Comfortable with agile methodologies/practices such as "iterative development", "continuous builds" and "unit testing".
- Experience with remote collaboration. There will be times when the team as a whole may need to collaborate with teams in other offices (ie Amsterdam or Vancouver)
- Some understanding of key design patterns such as "Model, View, Controller" and "Dependency Injection". This is not a definitive requirement but gives a good indication of the capabilities if they understand them.
- BS in Computing Science or equivalent education/experience
- Takes ownership of tasks and drives tasks through to completion
- Is accountable for their actions
- A strong communicator
- Demonstrates caring for others and honesty
- Positive and constructive
- Able to focus while under pressure